- RSS Channel Showcase 4190933
- RSS Channel Showcase 7635363
- RSS Channel Showcase 7415960
- RSS Channel Showcase 5764320
Articles on this Page
- 10/09/18--21:31: _When Trains Start R...
- 10/10/18--05:20: _Climate Change Is T...
- 10/10/18--08:51: _One To One — Digita...
- 10/10/18--10:09: _Sitecore Buys DAM V...
- 10/10/18--12:06: _Five Questions To A...
- 10/10/18--12:40: _‘Tis The Season For...
- 10/10/18--23:30: _What’s At The End O...
- 10/11/18--06:42: _Spring Cleaning In ...
- 10/11/18--07:34: _Digital Transformat...
- 10/11/18--10:28: _SaaS Industry Ecosy...
- 10/11/18--13:32: _Privacy Topples Att...
- 10/11/18--14:09: _Your Experience Des...
- 10/11/18--23:25: _Assess Your Innovat...
- 10/15/18--07:55: _How Consumers Reall...
- 10/15/18--08:46: _Contact Centers Hav...
- 10/16/18--01:30: _It’s A New Type Of ...
- 10/16/18--09:09: _Research Announceme...
- 10/16/18--10:09: _IBM Bets Big On Sec...
- 10/16/18--13:16: _Cloud-Native And Op...
- 10/16/18--09:41: _Marketers — Get You...
- 10/09/18--21:31: When Trains Start Running Late: Japan’s Digital Awakening
- 10/10/18--05:20: Climate Change Is Transforming Business
- 10/10/18--08:51: One To One — Digital Marketing Conference In Biarritz
- 10/10/18--10:09: Sitecore Buys DAM Vendor Stylelabs — Not A Game Changer
- 10/10/18--12:06: Five Questions To Ask About Digital Studios Before Your Next Project
- 10/10/18--12:40: ‘Tis The Season For Consumers To Still Not Buy On Social Media
- 10/10/18--23:30: What’s At The End Of The B2B Buyer’s Journey? Advocacy!
- 10/11/18--06:42: Spring Cleaning In December: Declutter Your Insights House
- 10/11/18--07:34: Digital Transformation: Why Culture Is So Key
- 10/11/18--10:28: SaaS Industry Ecosystems Will Be The Next Frontier In SaaS
- 10/11/18--13:32: Privacy Topples Attribution Measurement . . . For Now
- 10/11/18--23:25: Assess Your Innovation Capability Maturity
- 10/15/18--07:55: How Consumers Really Feel About Your Loyalty Program
- 10/15/18--08:46: Contact Centers Have Moved To Cloud. What’s Next?
- 10/16/18--01:30: It’s A New Type Of Digital Holiday Season
- 10/16/18--10:09: IBM Bets Big On Security Training And Leadership As A Differentiator
- 10/16/18--09:41: Marketers — Get Your Heads Out Of The Clouds!
I love going to Japan, where everything works flawlessly and where customer obsession, or “omotenashi,” is deeply engrained into the culture of every institution: This is where, for instance, train operators apologize when their trains leave the platform 25 seconds earlier than scheduled. It’s also an economy stifled by a widespread risk-averse culture, a shrinking […]
It may not seem like it yet, but climate change is altering the world so drastically that all enterprises will need to undergo a transformation to avoid going extinct. Earlier this week, the UN’s Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) reported (with high confidence) that at the rate we’re going, global warming of 1.5°C is likely […]
I am very excited to have been invited for the third time to give the opening keynote speech at One to One, a great marketing conference taking place on October 10–12 in Biarritz in the southwest of France. To summarize my talk in a few points, I have shared some global marketing trends and how […]
Sitecore finally got its DAM. In the latest example of the convergence and consolidation in the digital experience market, Sitecore bought DAM vendor Stylelabs. The addition of DAM to the Sitecore portfolio (dubbed the “Experience Platform”) — which started with web CMS, then progressed to eCommerce and customer profile management — means that Sitecore has a stronger […]
Virtually all global services firms have invested in digital studios, and for many agencies, it’s just the way they’ve worked for years. But despite these investments, many services buyers don’t know what digital studios are — never mind how they can utilize them. Whether you’re heading up a digital business team or a services firm at […]
This blog post is part of Forrester’s Holiday 2018 retail series. Despite news of brands such as Nike, Adidas, Allbirds, and SeatGeek successfully selling on social networks, social media is still not a place that consumers buy products and services. Our Forrester Social Technographics® data uncovers that consumers use social media least in the buy stage of […]
Personas and journey maps have become key tools for the modern marketer. As my colleague Lori Wizdo expertly explains: It is the job of marketing to guide the buyer through the buying journey. Becoming a journey marketer is essential in this digital age. (Lori can help you get there — check out her workshop at our upcoming […]
Feeling overwhelmed with all the data that your teams must wrangle before even getting to data science? Feeling like you have more than enough dashboards and tools? Feeling like you don’t have any more room in your complex data and analytics environment for yet another platform? Feeling like you can’t keep up with the exploding […]
I am really honored to have represented Forrester in the jury of the eCAC40/Les Echos Index measuring the digital maturity of the largest French companies quoted at the French stock exchange (CAC 40 Index). The results are as follows (top 10 only): Société Générale Total Schneider Electric Air Liquide Orange BNP Paribas Atos ENGIE AXA […]
Nearly 20 years after SaaS giants such as Salesforce and NetSuite made their foray into the world of enterprise applications, we still see SaaS disrupting the traditional software world at a fast pace. SaaS growth remains high — with legacy software vendors pivoting to more (or all) SaaS and new disruptive vendors entering markets as primarily […]
News flash for marketers using Google for advertising: Measurement just got more difficult. GDPR forced Google to rethink how it gathers, stores, and uses customer and prospect data or face hefty fines that could add up to millions. As a result, Google has restricted advertisers’ ability to access data to measure marketing effectiveness. This means that […]
About half of the 51 XD providers we surveyed recently — agencies and consultancies such as Astro Studios and Work & Co that provide experience design (XD) services — are also: Developing their own products. Founding startups and maintaining equity stakes in them. Investing in startups with either money or their talent in the form of […]
(with Pascal Matzke and Michael Glenn) Customer expectations are rising too quickly for traditional models of incremental improvement; companies need to find a strategy to harness disruptive technologies that balances iterative solutions with fearless, flexible innovation. Many company leaders have been swept up in the sex appeal surrounding the term “innovation,” claiming proficiency without any […]
Points and discounts are the hallmark of most loyalty programs. And, our data shows that they are usually pretty successful in incentivizing purchase behavior: nearly half of US online 18- to 35-year-olds admit that programs influence what they buy and how much they spend. But loyalty isn’t just about the purchase — or at least […]
As of 2018, the market for contact center technology has fully shifted to cloud. The remaining outliers of demand are large, highly customized implementations which preserve legacy on premise software, or organizations that wish to maintain the technology inside their firewall. Agility, flexibility, and the ability to rapidly shift capacity are all key elements AD&D […]
This blog post is part of Forrester’s Holiday 2018 retail series. Black Friday holiday sales events are a fixture of the European holiday shopping season (even without a European equivalent of the Thanksgiving holiday!). Initially finding its way to the UK, the sales day has extended across Europe to become a significant sales event from […]
I’m getting ready to kick off a Forrester Wave™ on cybersecurity incident response services that should be viewed as a refresh of “The Forrester Wave™: Digital Forensics And Incident Response Service Providers, Q3 2017” published in September of 2017. This iteration of the Wave will be focused on measuring how service providers are able to prepare clients […]
In late 2016, IBM announced the availability of its full-scale cyber range at the Cambridge, MA headquarters of its security division. With two shifts per day and currently booked out six to eight months, it’s been a huge success for the division. The range isn’t just about training security incident response analysts; it’s a full […]
The annual SpringOne event, held in D.C. a few weeks back, was full of exciting, detailed, and compelling stories of enterprise transformation. This wasn’t a show about open source disrupting a proprietary technology stack — it was a celebration of how open source and new ways of building software are helping large, global enterprises transform into […]
It’s frustrating when a customer exhibits purchase intent but doesn’t buy because of friction in the customer journey. It’s worse when a store manager or contact center agent is unaware of a digital promotion. Nearly 40% of CMOs say that a lack of consistent customer experience (CX) prevents greater online sales revenue. Empowered customers now […]